Are you a carer living in Cardiff or the Vale of Glamorgan? Would you like to be the voice of carers at a strategic level?
This is an opportunity to become a carer representative on the Cardiff and Vale Regional Partnership Board (RPB) for the next 3 years. The RPB was created under the Social Services and Wellbeing (Wales) Act 2014. It provides governance arrangements for overseeing development and delivery of health, social care and wellbeing services in Cardiff and the Vale. Our mission is to ensure that people live the best lives they can.
Carer Representative Profile
The RPB is looking for a representative who:
- Provides care in an unpaid role.
- Lives in Cardiff or the Vale of Glamorgan.
- Understands the practical support needs of carers.
- Is able to provide a representative view of being a carer, using a breadth of knowledge.
- Is able to reflect that knowledge and contribute to a wide area of health, social care and wellbeing service development at a strategic level.
- Is able to gain the views of other carers through access to carer support groups, forums and networks, and is able to take those views forward and provide feedback to carers.
- Has experience of involvement and influencing.
- Can commit to attend up to eight Cardiff and Vale Regional Partnership Board meetings a year. To note, the chosen applicant will be invited to attend our next meeting on Tuesday 25th June between 2 and 5pm.
The RPB will ensure that reasonable costs relating to attendance at meetings will be covered. This will include transport costs and, where applicable respite costs.
The RPB is made up of representatives from Cardiff Council, Vale of Glamorgan Council, Cardiff & Vale University Health Board, Welsh Ambulance Service NHS Trust, Cardiff Third Sector Council (C3SC), Glamorgan Voluntary Services (GVS), Llamau, Gofal, YMCA Cardiff, Care Forum Wales and a carer representative. For more information please see: http://www.cvihsc.co.uk/about/
If you would like to apply to be a carer representative, please complete the Expression of Interest form and return to email@example.com by Friday 7th June 2019.