The Cardiff and Vale of Glamorgan Regional Partnership Board (with support from a Strategic Leadership Group) provides the governance arrangements for overseeing the work of the Integrated Health & Social Care Partnership. They ensure that delivery arrangements are in place to enable effective implementation of the Social Services and Well-being Act on a regional basis. Progress monitoring against this Regional Work Programme is reported to the Board and the Senior Leadership Group for action as required.
The Board is primarily responsible for overseeing delivery against the identified priorities, which include:
- Planning & Promoting Preventative Services (including preparation of the Population Needs Assessment)
- Locality Working (including the preparation of Area Plans).
- Home First and Patient Flow.
- Integration (in line with Part 9 of the Social Services Well-being (Wales) Act 2014 – older people; people with learning disabilities; carers; Integrated Family Support Services; and children with complex needs due to disability or illness).
- Joint Commissioning (prioritising the establishment of pooled funds for care accommodation for older people, family support services and functions that will be exercised jointly as a result of the Population Needs Assessment).
- Welsh Community Care Information System.